SS Loves Marissa Webb - Sensible Stylista

SS Loves Marissa Webb

Oh how I love TJ Maxx Runway!  They seriously have the most incredible stuff there.  I found this fabulous vest hanging on one of their sale racks, and I pretty much bought it immediately.  This gem's a Marissa Webb design. For those of you who don't know her, she's Banana Republic's creative advisor.  She was their creative director + executive vice president for a year and a half, but she decided to take on a less time-consuming role for her own label!  BR still consults her, but she no longer designs for them.  

I feel like people have mixed feelings about her work.  Some (like me) adore her, but many find her designs to be "too trendy." What do you guys think? Should BR push its limits and be fashion forward or go back to its roots and stick to classic designs? Make sure to leave me a comment below with your thoughts.
Now, back to today's OOTD.  I styled my new vest with a faux-leather skirt and a solid gray tank.  I accessorized with a fierce statement necklace and threw on killer heels to up my style game.  To finish off my look, I carried a quilted crossbody bag and applied a bright lippy for a pop of color.  For those of you wondering, my shoes are from Charles Jourdan, and my bag's from Bag Inc.  The latter's a fabulous look for less! Doesn't it look just like Chanel's jumbo classic? Minus the iconic logo of course.  Love this OOTD? Shop it here!
Last but not least, here's a flat lay of my latest Bobbi Brown haul.  I used their lipstick (in atomic orange), illuminating powder, and brow pencil for today's FOTD aka face-of-the-day.  I'll be wearing the other colors very soon so make sure you keep an eye out!  For all of my readers, take a 15% off these summer makeup essentials using my Bobbi Brown coupon today or them right here!
Lippies from left to right:  Atomic Orange, Pale Coral, Sweet Apricot, and Mod.
Swatches from left to right:  Mod, Sweet Apricot, Pale Coral, and Atomic Orange.
A closer look at my illuminating powder + brow pencil - both are incredibly subtle.  Use the powder as a highlighter on both your face and neck and build your brows with the pencil pictured above.  You won't overdo it so don't worry!

This post is in collaboration with Bobbi Brown, Karmaloop and Stylinity.


click here to shop more looks you'll love at Stylinty.com
click here to shop more looks you'll love at Stylinty.com

Venley Unisex TriBlend Tank Top

EXACT
Karma Loop
Venley Unisex TriBlend Tank Top
Kristianne High-Low Vest by MARISSA WEBB

EXACT
Gilt
Kristianne High-Low Vest by MARISSA WEBB
Faux Leather Mini Skirt White

SIMILAR
Missguided
Faux Leather Mini Skirt White
Ingrid Quilted Medium Leather Bag Classic Black

EXACT
BagInc
Ingrid Quilted Medium Leather Bag Classic Black
Love Quilted Leather Crossbody Bag

SIMILAR
Rebecca Minkoff
Love Quilted Leather Crossbody Bag
Charles Jourdan - Lizabeth Honeycomb Mesh Bootie, Black

EXACT
Nemian Marcus
Charles Jourdan - Lizabeth Honeycomb Mesh Bootie, Black
Layla Layered Statement Necklace

SIMILAR
Nordstrom Rack
Layla Layered Statement Necklace

3 comments